Here’s a recap of the situation:
After the first tests, everything seems to be working fine.
As shown in the videos that I posted in the past few weeks, the controller has been functioning properly both in “MILL” and in “LASER” mode.
These tests have given me the chance to check the hardware and think about some improvements I could make to the boards that will be produced.
Here are the results:
Errors I fixed
- I corrected the position of 4 out of the 8 mounting holes both on the motherboard and on the expansion board (1mm offset on the X axis)
- I corrected the silk screen names “CHARGE PUMP” and “DIGITAL ENA” of the JP3 jumper (expansion board) because they had been swapped by mistake.
- I changed the power supply of IC2 (74HC14) to 5 Volts. It was connected at 3.3 Volts by mistake, but should be powered at 5V (otherwise the signals on the LPT would be mixed, some at 3.3V and some at 5V).